Whilst completing another blogging assignment I came across a very basic but helpful worksheet for introducing students to the topic of community. Considering how basic it is I think it would be best suited to First Year students and maybe could be used at the end of a lesson as a form of assessment to refresh their minds of the new concepts they have learnt. It is important for students to acknowledge and understand the role of community in their lives and also the role that they can play within the different communities that they belong to.
ANSWER EACH QUESTION WITH A ‘T’ FOR TRUE AND A ‘F’ FOR FALSE.
- Your neighbourhood community is made up of people from another county.
- Your local community is made up of people in your city or town.
- It is important to participate in the functions of your community.
- In a community people have nothing in common with each other.
- Communities can be improved by people working together.
- You do not have to work with other people in your community.
READ EACH CLUE AND IDENTIFY EACH COMMUNITY HELPER.
- I help people learn to do many things. I am a …….
- I am always there when things get hot. I am a ……
- I can help you find a book or film. I am a ……
- I deliver things to you and your friends. I am a ……
- I help you keep your car running smoothly. I am a …..
- I help you stay healthy. I am a ……
- I help you cross busy streets safely. I am a …..
- I can drive you where you want to go. I am a …..
*NAME TWO THINGS THAT YOU COULD DO TODAY TO IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNITY.*